Cynthia Garnholz - Attorney
Inquiry? Information & Forms email@example.com
I have thirty years of experience in helping people resolve a broad range of legal issues, including family law, estate planning and probate, real estate, and small business matters. For 15 of my years in practice, I have served as a part-time judge. Further, I am proud to have received from Martindale-Hubbell, a rating of AV® Preeminent™, the highest possible peer review rating for ethical standards and legal ability.
It is my job and, indeed, my pleasure to get to know you and understand the issues which bring you to my office. Beginning at our very first meeting, I will listen to you, we will together identify your needs and goals, and I will then help and guide you through the legal process. As an experienced trial lawyer, I understand that a trial may be the best choice to resolve your legal issues and I am ready to aggressively represent your interests in court and at trial.
Litigation can be very stressful for clients and their families, so we will discuss methods, other than litigation, by which your case might be resolved. I am a strong believer in what lawyers call “alternative dispute resolution” methods. If I think your case could be resolved collaboratively or through mediation, rather than litigation, we will talk about and evaluate those processes, as well.
I encourage my clients to ask questions about anything that they don’t understand or which causes them concern. I and my staff strive to be available to hear your questions and then promptly deliver answers. It is our goal to provide you with prompt and efficient attention, excellent service, and sound advice based on many years of experience. If you would like to discuss your estate planning needs, probate, real estate, small business issues, or family law matters of any kind, please call on us. We would welcome the opportunity to assist you.
I am a frequent speaker at seminars for lawyers and am active in several bar associations:
- Missouri Bar Association; Probate and Trust Law Committee and Family Law Section
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis; Family Law Section
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Collaborative Family Law Association (CFLA) - founding and former board member
Additionally, I regularly serve as Guardian ad Litem for children in the St. Louis County and City of St. Louis Family Courts.
I also believe it is important to serve our community:
- Alderman, City of Clayton – 2007 to present
- Provisional Judge, St. Louis County Municipal Court – 2007 to present
- Member and Aldermanic Representative to Clayton Parks and Recreation Commission, 2014 to present
- Former Board member: Clayton Century Foundation, 2010 to 2012; Clayton Plan Commission and Architectural Review Board, 2012-2014
- Provisional Judge, City of Clayton Municipal Court - 1998-2007
- Fontbonne University (B.A./B.S. 1976, cum laude)
- Washington University School of Law (J.D. 1980)
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Missouri since 1980
St. Louis, Missouri