The Center for Family Law has extensive experience in all areas of family law – including mediation, litigation and collaborative divorce. Attorneys also serve as Guardians ad Litem in the St. Louis County and St. Charles County Family Courts. We work closely with clients to understand their unique family situations and help them get past the emotions of the moment so that they can make rational decisions for themselves and their families. As skilled negotiators and litigators, we work to protect clients' interests at every step of the legal process.
- Divorce and legal separation: Our firm can provide representation through all stages of the divorce or legal separation process. We handle contested and uncontested cases and will guide you through issues pertaining to maintenance, spousal support, division of property in complex and high net worth matters, separate property, business valuations, retirement, name changes, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and name changes.
- Child support: We can help calculate child support and discuss how tuition costs will be addressed
- Modification of judgments: A change in circumstances such as a job loss or the need to move may trigger a motion to modify a judgment. As children age, it may be necessary to reassess prior custody and visitation agreements.
- Enforcement of judgments: Garnishments, lien attachments and motions for contempt may be involved in an enforcement of judgment action
- Paternity: We assist clients in contested and uncontested paternity matters
- Rights of the unmarried: There are a variety of matters we handle for unmarried and same-sex couples, including adoptions and nontraditional family dissolution
- Domestic partnerships: For unmarried and same-sex couples, domestic partnership agreements can provide some legal protection in the event of an incapacitating illness, death or dissolution of the relationship
- Juvenile law and adoption: In matters involving children – adoption, child abuse and neglect allegations, a termination of parental rights – legal representation is important to protect the rights of all involved.