Our Attorneys
Cynthia Albin
Ann Bauer
Allison Gerli
Hallie Van Duren
Sarah Glasser
Of Counsel

Enforcement of Judgments in Missouri

Child Support, Child Custody, Child Visitation and Spousal Support Enforcement Lawyers

Sometimes people don’t do what they’ve been ordered to do. If a party is ignoring or failing to comply with a legal judgment, an attorney for another party involved in the case can take legal action to enforce the judgment. The attorneys at The Center for Family Law are dedicated to protecting their clients’ interests in this way.

To learn more about how you can enforce a child support, child custody, child visitation or alimony order, submit our online contact form or call us at 314-721--8844 or 636-443-2313.

Divorce Decree, Child Custody and Child Support Enforcement in St. Louis

Failure to follow a spousal support order in a divorce decree or the conditions set forth in a child custody plan or child support order results in hardship for the family, both economic and emotional. The other parties must return to court to file a motion for contempt to force the noncooperating party to follow the order.

When a judge enters an order of contempt, a former spouse or parent may face:

  • Garnishment of wages
  • Seizure of property through a lien attachment
  • Changed child custody arrangements
  • Fine
  • Jail time

Even if a contempt order is not entered, a judge may still garnish wages or attach liens to the property owned by the former spouse or parent.

Contact The Center for Family Law

For help with a divorce, child custody, child visitation, child support or spousal support enforcement matter, contact the experienced St. Louis attorneys at The Center for Family Law. With offices in Clayton and St. Charles, we are conveniently located to assist you. For more information, submit our online contact form or call us at 314-721-8844 or 636-443-2313.