Allison Gerli - Attorney
Inquiry? Information & Forms firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison joined The Center for Family Law in 2013 and concentrates her practice in family law. This includes divorce, child custody and support, third-party custody cases, adoptions, guardianships, prenuptial agreements, and orders of protection. She is also a guardian ad litem, an attorney appointed to represent the interests of children in family law matters, and trained as a mediator and in collaborative law.
When working with clients, Allison aims to provide the highest level of service, skill, and dedication. She believes it is important to not only achieve desired outcomes for clients, but to focus on how best to achieve the client's goals. The process for resolving family law disputes is not “one size fits all.” Selecting an attorney who will help guide clients through this process is often crucial to the outcome of cases.
Allison graduated from the University of Missouri, Kansas City, School of Law in May 2012 with an emphasis in family law and with honors for volunteer work and public service. She served as staff editor for the Journal for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and interned in the Domestic Violence Unit at Legal Aid of Western Missouri and the UMKC Child and Family Services Clinic. Allison also attended the AAML Institute for Family Law Associates in 2014.
In addition to her practice, Allison has been actively involved in the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis’s (BAMSL) Young Lawyers Division(YLD), serving as a board member and committee chair. Allison received the BAMSL Award of Merit in 2017 and 2018 for her work with YLD. She has presented and co-authored materials for state and local CLEs. Allison is also actively involved in the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, serving on the Young Professional Council and Women's Leadership Network.
- BAMSL Award of Merit, 2017 & 2018
- BAMSL Pro Bono Volunteer of the Month, July 2019
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
- Women's Leadership Network, 2019 to present
- Young Professional Council, 2013 - 2017
- Community Services Chair, 2016 - 2017
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Westminster College, B.A. - English, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Press & Publications: