Ann Bauer - Attorney
Inquiry? Information & Forms email@example.com
I attended law school after more than 15 years working with parents and children in early childhood education. When preparing to apply to psychology doctorate programs, I heard a discussion about psychologists testifying in custody cases. Working in the legal field appealed to me and I changed my direction to apply to law school.
I concentrate my practice on family law. The choice of an attorney in a family case is extremely important. The relationship with your family lawyer is not at arms length, but rather it requires forming a partnership. The issues are often complex and need focused attention to detail. I am dedicated to providing the highest level of service to my clients and want them to be satisfied with all aspects of our relationship. I try to work with my clients to develop solutions to their problems and plan for their future. I want my clients to understand their choices and options. I tailor my work for each client's goals and objectives.
Clients often begin our work by thinking about outcomes, but the process is another big consideration. I encourage clients to consider working to resolve their matters through formal mediation, the collaborative process or early settlement negotiations. However, if their situation warrants it, I will work diligently in the litigation process to protect their rights.
I often have the opportunity to see clients who have "reached the other side" of a difficult time in their lives. There is new joy in their lives and it often shows on their faces and in their voices. I hope that I have helped make a difference for them.
The effects of decisions in your family case can be long lasting and should be made with the best advice and information available. Family law is complex and ever evolving. I am committed to keeping my knowledge current in order to best advise clients and protect their interests.
I believe that it is important to work for change for all families and children whose family problems bring them to the legal system. I am active in professional organizations and speak at seminars for attorneys. Some of my affiliations include:
- appointed to the Advisory Council of the Assistance League
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- The Missouri Bar Association (Family Law Section and governing council member since 1999; Section Chair 2003-2005)
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Family & Juvenile Law Section)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (organizing committee for the Missouri AFCC chapter and board member and treasurer 2002-2007)
- Collaborative Family Law Association in St. Louis (CFLA founding member of association and board member 2004-2005)
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Association for Conflict Resolution; President of the Advisory Board for Woman's Place (a hospitality center in St. Louis serving women who have experienced domestic violence, 2000-present)
- Serving as a Guardian ad Litem for children in domestic cases in St. Louis County Family Court, serving as a volunteer lawyer for Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (named a Volunteer Lawyer of the Year in 2001)
- Served on two task forces for Parenting Coordination (St. Louis County Family Court Task Force and Missouri Bar Family Law Section Task Force on Parenting Coordination)
The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) is a nationally recognized organization whose members go through a rigorous application and testing process in order to become AAML Fellows. I was accepted to this organization in 2011. Membership is by invitation only.
Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell, an attorney peer review rating system for ethical and legal ability (AV is the highest rating possible). Recognized from 2005-2008 and 2011 as a "Super Lawyer" in family law by Super Lawyers of Missouri and Kansas, a publication of Law & Politics and KC magazine.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Loyola University, (The Erikson Institute of Child Development) M.Ed., 1976
- Iowa State University, B.S., 1973